Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is a serious step by the Indian government to abolish homelessness from the country.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ensures to provide a home to every homeless person in India. In order to do so, the government:
- Provides financial support to the homeless who cannot beat the cost of a residential property.
- Offers homes to Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) of the Indian society.
- Brings public and private sector together for improving the condition of the country’s urban poor natives.
Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- People who earn less than INR 3 lakh annually come under the EWS section.
- People who come under the LIG category and have an annual income in between INR 3 lakh to 6 lakh.
- Those who have an annual income below INR12 lakh and fall under the Medium Income Group I or II.
- People who belong to minority groups, such as SC/ST/OBC.
- Women falling under EWS or LIG categories are also considered under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme.
Following people are eligible under PMAY scheme:
To acquire the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana subsidy in 2019, the applicants must provide the needed, certified documents. Moreover, there is also a basic requirement for each applicant. For example, if a beneficiary is applying as a family, it must include a husband, wife and unmarried children. Plus, no person from that family must own property or house in their name.